Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Anti-Cancer Treatments: Avocado

I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE avocados . . . .

My two favorite sandwiches in the world are avocado and/or tomato sandwiches on sprouted bread with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and a little bit of spicy mustard.

I crave avocados.

Now researchers are saying that nutrients found in avocados may help combat oral cancer:

Avocados Linked to Cutting Oral Cancer

Avocados Prove Fruitful in Fighting Oral Cancer

Avocados and Cancer: Fiber, Potassium, Vitamin E, Magnesium

10 Health Benefits of Avocados


Avocados also contain glutathione, an important antioxidant for preventing cancer.

And did you know that an avocado is a fruit and not a vegetable?

Also, I think I may have just finally found the right dentist for me. A dentist who just told me that he eats about six avocados a day. He was eating avocado when I walked into his office. How cool is that?

He doesn't use nickel.

And my first visit with him was only $45 . . . . wholly guacamole!

Now that's what I'm talking about.

No comments: