Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Anticancer Diet: A New Way of Life

All of us have cancer cells in our bodies. But not all of us will develop cancer:

An interview with David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PHD.
Helping our natural defenses prevent and fight against cancer.

"The fight against cancer starts in the kitchen."

I guess this is one of the reasons that the French have the best health care system in the world.

When I was in Paris last summer, visiting my sister Stacy and her boyfriend Max, I had dinner with a woman whose young daughter had just come home with a homeopathic prescription for chest congestion. In America, she would have been give a pharmaceutical drug.

I was also a guest in the home of the head of marketing for a pharmaceutical company for three nights. He informed me that the pharmaceutical companies are losing money now as more and more advertising and health care dollars are being spent on consumer education and disease prevention.

The French also have fabulous food, and I am hoping to go back next summer with my boys.

Mangez!

À votre santé!

****

Seven Reasons The French Are Slimmer
By Andrew Weill, July 5, 2008

No comments: